Admissions Essays for College Students, Grads, & Transfers
Applying for grad school? Transferring from a community college? Applying for an internship or scholarship?
Your application essay writing days aren’t over. Here’s what I can help with:
- The Common Application Transfer Essay and other long form personal essays
- Graduate School applications in all areas. Because I have extensive experience helping authors and editors develop books, articles, newsletters, and marketing materials in technical and specialized fields, I am uniquely positioned to help students entering a range of academic disciplines and professions.
- Internship grants, and scholarship applications in all fields. I can work with you on all or part of the the entire package, including any cover letters, portfolio or other materials you need to provide.
Options for working together & cost
I will work with you to determine the best approach depending on your needs and budget. Our work together can include:
- Individual meetings, both in-person or via Skype to get you started and help you through the key steps in developing of your essay.
- Review of drafts, including editorial feedback, ideas for further development that will stretch you as a writer, as well as grammar checks and proofreading.
- Ongoing contact via email or phone to address quick questions.
You can choose to work based on a hourly rate or use one of the packages below.
Base charge. $200 for a single hour and a half meeting plus an in-depth written review of one essay/application draft. I will also field follow up questions, with up to two emails or phone calls included free of charge.
Ongoing charges. After the first this, charges are $75 per hour for all meetings or essay review.
Common App Transfer essay from start to finish: $500 includes three hour-long meetings and review of four drafts.
UC Personal insight questions for transfer students $500 from start to finish. Includes three meetings and review of up to four drafts of each essay.
Common App & UC Personal Insight combined: $800, includes 5 meetings, and review of up to four drafts of each essay.
Common app, plus. $500 plus 1-5 additional short essays (400 words or less) charged at $200 per essay. Includes reviews of three drafts of each. (Does not include Stanford essays which are negotiated separately)
Contact me if you want to schedule a free consultation.